Selected Print Articles
- “A Gut-Wrenching Ordeal”, Personal Essay, Toronto Life, September 2012
- “The Fat Shaming Epidemic”, Personal Essay, From Discord to Discourse: A Collection of Contemporary Canadian Essays, McGraw-Hill Ryerson, February 2012, Toronto.
- “My Leaky Performances”, Nonfiction, Canadian Theatre Review: Special Issue on Performance and Health, Spring 2011: University of Toronto Press, Toronto.
- “Performing My Leaky Body”, Theatre Script, Living the Edges: Disabled Women’s Reader, ed. Diane Driedger, 2010: Inanna Publications, Toronto.
- “Lorelai the Kitty is Part of the Cure”, Personal Essay, Facts & Arguments, The Globe and Mail, July 2005.
As story editor and dramaturge, I collaborated with writer and performer Robin Duke and director Martha Burns, bringing my patient expertise and creative skills to this comedic, one-woman theatre piece.
co-edited with David Molenhuis
As a member of the Editorial Committee since 2012, I have provided manuscript evaluation for political nonfiction and memoirs. I have also given editorial support and feedback on books such as Marilyn Churley’s Shameless and Shakil Choudhury’s Deep Diversity, both published 2015.
AS CURRICULUM DEVELOPER
I produced Standardized Patient training for staff at Mount Sinai and Princess Margaret Hospitals using composite sketches of women who participated in focus groups and coordinated the training of Standardized Patient actors by researchers with disabilities.
I also wrote content for E-Learning Modules and was the writer and Creative Producer of documentary film by filmmaker Wendy Rowland, It’s About Communication: Creating An Enabling Environment in Mammography.